Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yogurt Granola Bars

Yogurt Granola Bars

These bars are made with whole wheat flour and applesauce instead of a portion of the butter. I made these for my son and may have eaten a few myself! They're delicious! You can also leave off the yogurt for classic granola bars or change up the ingredients to keep it fresh!

I apologize in advance for my poor photography on this tutorial. I was too excited for the end result and kept forgetting!

Ingredients:
2 cups granola
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tbsp butter, softened
4 tbsp applesauce

1 cup yogurt
1 egg slightly beaten
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 cup blueberries

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine granola, 3/4 cup flour, sugar, cinnamon and cranberries in a small bowl.
3. Cut in butter, then add aplesauce until coarse crumbs form.
4. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a greased 8-inch square pan.
5. Mix yogurt, egg and 2 tbsp flour in another small bowl.
6. Pour yogurt mixture over the granola mixture.
7. Sprinkle blueberries over the top.
8. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown; cut into bars when cooled.

Sorry for the ugly photography. I was so excited to give it to my son that I completely forgot! 

 I just wrapped them in saran wrap, set them on a plate and stuck them in the fridge. They aren't the most attractive thing in the world, but they are SO good and even healthy!
  
This recipe is a modification of one by Stonyfield Farms Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment