Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Turkey Poblano Chili

Turkey Poblano Chili

Sorry for the posting delays. I've been sticking to my GF diet, and I've still been photographing my dinners. I just haven't been blogging. I'M SORRY, OKAY?!

This was SO GOOD! Wear gloves when you cut the poblano or wash your hands a dozen times, because if you touch your nose or eyes or any family members, there will be rage in your home!

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 poblano pepper, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
2 15.5oz cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
2 cups water
salt & pepper
1 lbs ground turkey, cooked

Directions:
1. Heat the oil in a large pan over med-high heat. Add onion and poblano and cook until soft, 4-6 minutes.
2. Add the cumin, tomatoes (with juice), beans, water, 1 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, 12-15 minutes.
4. Add turkey and cook until heated through.
5. Enjoy with a spoon or a tortilla chip! Add some cheddar cheese, sour cream, tapatio to really kick it up a notch!

Remember how I said this was SO GOOD? Well, it really was, and my husband and I ate it so quickly (it also smells amazing) that the only photo I got was a super close up after I was already halfway done with mine. Sorry again!

No comments:

Post a Comment